We have all been there – when the last thing you want to do is wash your hair & it’s literally a myth that girls can go longer than you between washes. I totally get it!! I’ve been there too!! Now, I know what you’re […]
If your playlist is in need of some updating – look no further. Here’s what I spent all last month listening too!! Was March’s playlist not enough for you?? Head over to my previous playlists for more: Songs you HAVE To Hear – January Hits […]
Here’s all my favorite songs this month and let me tell you: you will NOT be disappointed!!
Missed last month’s favs that are still bangers? I got you covered: 58 Songs You HAVE To Hear – Ultimate December Hits Playlist 2017
Don’t forget to ~ s u b s c r i b e ~ so you don’t miss next month’s must haves playlist!!
*= my personal favorites
- Why Don’t You Come On – DJDS, Khalid *
- Drew Barrymore – Bryce Vine
- That Way – Xuitcasecity *
- The Beautiful & Damned – G-Eazy, Zoe Nash
- Pray For Me – G-Eazy
- That’s A Lot – G-Eazy *
- Gotdamn – G-Eazy
- Leviathan – G-Eazy
- Mama Always Told Me – G-Eazy *
- Never Be The Same – Camila Cabello *
- Ready To Love You – HEDEGAARD
- I Miss You (ft Julia Michaels) – Clean Bandit, Julia Michaels
- Let You Down – NF *
- Major Love – Bipolar Sunshine *
- Who Am I – Tayler Buono *
- The Best You Had – Nina Nesbitt *
- One – Daekreon
- Pancakes – AceQuared *
- Come Around – Patty Crash
- Tired Af – JVZEL *
- Lemonade – Sean Turk, Jessame
- Devil’s In The Backseat – Lostboycrow *
- Off Brand – EMI
- Crime (with Skott) – Grey, Skott
- superlit – gnash *
- Sober – Cheat Codes, Nicky Romero *
- Bartier Cardi – Cardi B, 21 Savage
- Hard To Do – Gavin James
- Vai Malandra (ft Tropkillaz & DJ Yuri Martins) – Anitta, Mc Zaac
- War With Us – YoungBoy Never Broke Again
- Aftertaste (ft Opia) – Whethan, Opia
- Habits – Machine Gun Kelly *
- With You – Fetty Wap, KDL
- My Life – Space Primates, GoldFord
- I just need U. – TobyMac *
- Presence – Manu Crook$, Anfa Rose
- No One – Mothica *
- Out of It – Mothica *
- Mark My Words – Mothica *
- All These Years – Camila Cabello
- She Loves Control – Camila Cabello *
- Delicate – Taylor Swift
- Real Friends – Camila Cabello
- Only One – Carlie Hanson
- If You’re Hearing This – Hook N Sling, Parson James, Betty Who
- Last To Leave (ft Caroline Ailin) – Louis The Child
- LOVE. FEAT. ZACARI – Kendrick Lamar, Zacari *
- Not A Love Song – bulow *
- Sober Up – AJR, Rivers Cuomo *
- Decline – RAYE, Mr Eazi
- Belong – Cash Cash, Dashboard Confessional
- Over That – Emily Vaughn, Yuppycult *
- King’s Dead (with Kendrick Lamar, Future, and James Blake) – Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Future, and James Blake
- Spotlight – Marshmello, Lil Peep *
- Chloraseptic (ft 2 Chainz and Phresher) – Eminem
- Into It – Camila Cabello *
- Supernova – Ansel Elgort *
- Flip – Russ
- Somebody Special – Nina Nesbitt
- Learn How To Watch (ft Mac Miller and MadeinTYO) – Carnage
- Your Soul – Hippie Sabotage *
There’s no shame in buying high end clothes, but if you could get the same style while keeping your wallet full, why wouldn’t ya?? There are seriously ENDLESS ways to spice up your closet on a budget, and in this article you’ll find ways that […]
If you’re anything like me (which I’m guessing you are since you found yourself here), then we have some work to do on our self tan game. Take it from the literal QUEEN of spray tan disasters (me) to outline exactly the do’s and dont’s to achieve the perfect, streak-less, glowy tan.
I’m gonna outline each and every single step for you so all your questions are answered and your skin is even toned. I promise, it’s not as hard to achieve as we may think, as long as you follow these easy steps:
- Wash your body REALLY WELL with a loofa!! *Not a washcloth (the loofa helps exfoliate).
- Take your time around your wrists, ankles, elbows, knees and feet. These places can’t be too washed, so really get in there.
- Shave (yes, everything)
- Shave again (I know you rushed the first time)
- Exfoliate (any drugstore body exfoliator will do the trick, it doesn’t have to be fancy). I use sleep aromatherapy body scrub because it does a great job at keeping my body moisturized after exfoliating. You can get it here for $16.50. (The packaging is slightly different now, but still works the same).
- Exfoliate until you don’t feel ANY of the little beads anymore
- Again, take your time exfoliating around your wrist, ankles, elbows, knees, feet and hands. The better exfoliated you are, the better your tan will be
- Get out of the shower and dry off completely
- Moisturize your ENTIRE body with whatever body lotion you use. I use the equate version of vaseline, looks like this & works really well:
- Use a decent self tanner and yes, that means this time I’m not approving your drugstore brand
- Two incredible options that are unbeatable are Loving Tan and Saint Tropez. They aren’t drugstore price, but they last forever and look phenomenal
- Here’s the one I would buy ($39.95):
- Next, you need a mitt to apply. Loving Tan sells a very good, reusable mitt. But if you want to save a little $$, I just use the Saint Tropez tanning mitt and it still works great. You get plenty uses out of it (depending on how rough you are on the mitt) and it sells here for $6.50 & it looks like this:
- I’ve also found the mitt lasts longer if you keep it in a spot that allows it to dry completely before your next use
- Put one pump on the mitt at a time and start with one limb at a time and finish it before moving on to a different body part
- Apply the mousse with gentle, circular motions that gradually get less gentle the more it dries and needs to be blended
- I ALWAYS blend a little excessively, even when the tan doesn’t look like its moving anymore
- Be cautious around the areas we took our time on before (wrists, ankles etc) because these areas will soak up more of the tan and don’t need as much. Using too much product in these areas is a ~NUMBER 1 IMPORTANT~ thing you will want to avoid
- Move on to the rest of your body, blending excessively as you go, until you’re all done
- I personally don’t tan my face. I stop at my jawline and leave a nice harsh line, but if you want to tan your face then go for it!
- Give your body a few minutes to dry before putting clothes on, and only put on loose fitting clothes. I typically just wear undies and a big tshirt
- Your body is still going to feel sticky, don’t let this stress you out! It’s totally normal
- I always tan before bed and sleep with it on and then wash it off in the morning. This way the tan has plenty of time to develop, and at the same time I don’t have to feel like a zombie trying to avoid touching everything all day
- Some people put towels down before sleeping in a self tan, although I don’t and I have never had any issues of getting self tan stains on my sheet
- AND YOU’RE A TANNED GODDESS NOW!
I hope this answered any and all questions you have about how to achieve the perfect self tan. These steps are exactly what I do every time I spray tan, and I have never had an issue with streaks or it looking blotchy. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog to receive e-mail notifications for when I write a new post, and enjoy your tan!
We all want that airbrushed face but without breaking the bank, right? Here you will find the best 5 drugstore foundations to keep your face looking flawless while keeping your wallet full. #1: L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation ($11 here). Everything you need to know: Full […]
Aren’t we all SO SICK of dealing with dry skin? This season is always incredibly rough on your poor skin’s hydration levels, and if you’re anything like me- you’re over it. I even have normal to oily skin yet I still can’t escape the wrath […]
Foundation is just one of those things you can’t buy online (sigh), but have you ever thought about why? Probably because IT’S IMPOSSIBLE! There are so many things to consider when purchasing a foundation, but don’t you worry. I am here to be your foundation tour guide, and today we are taking the foundation tour. Buckle up.
If you’re new to the confusing world that is makeup, foundation is the skin colored liquid or powder you put on your face in an attempt to cover those pesky blemishes and even out your skin tone. If you didn’t already know that, I would start with reading my Makeup List for Beginners first, and then find your way back here.
The first thing you need to do is identify your skin type.
Depending on the time of year or your constantly changing skin routines, your skin type may change, and that’s okay! What I have found works best for me is using one foundation in the summer when I tend to be more oily and a different foundation in the winter when my skin becomes really dry and sensitive.
Once you determine your skin type, it will help you identify key words used on foundation bottles that you either want in a foundation or want to avoid at all costs. Here’s a pretty good rule of thumb to go by:
Normal Skin – can pretty much use any foundation you please (and I hate you for it)
Dry Skin – stay away from powdered foundation and words like “matte”. These products will often stick to your dry patches and dry your skin out more. Instead look for foundations that use words like “hydrating”, “luminous”, “glowy“, or dewy“. These will keep your skin looking bright and hydrated throughout the day.
Oily Skin – stay away from foundations described as “dewy”, “luminous”, or “glowy”. These are foundations that will not only emphasize your oil but will also add to it. Instead you should look into foundations that describe themselves as long-wearing (i.e. 12 hour wear) and matte. *Always make sure you set your foundation with a light powder (i.e. loose translucent powder) all over your face, especially where you tend to get oily throughout the day. This will keep your foundation lasting longer throughout the day and your oils to a minimum.
Combination Skin – depending on how combination your skin is, consider mixing foundations! If that seems like too much to you, then I would focus on a strong skin care routine and making sure your skin is properly hydrated and staying away from “matte” and powder foundations. In my opinion, I would rather use powder and/or have to blot my oily areas throughout the day than try to work with a foundation that clings to where I’m dry. Overall, this one will come down to your own personal preference.
Sensitive Skin – look for foundations that are perfume free, talc free, and mica free. Look for foundations that use “sensitive” in their packaging. Also consider using a BB/CC cream. These are great to add color and some coverage to the face but also contain SPF and many hydrating components.
Once you know what to look for when comparing foundations at the store and you’ve decided which one to get, your next step is matching your skin tone.
If you’re at Ulta or Sephora, don’t be afraid to ask the employees to help you find your shade! They are there to help you and you’ll be thankful you did when you don’t end up with a foundation that is way too tan for your skin tone (they most often match your shade to your hand which isn’t a terrible option but ask them if they could match it to your neck as that will be the most accurate).
If you’re not at a store where you can open it up and test it out then no worries. All you have to do is whip out that sweet little smart phone in your back pocket and google “the name of your foundation swatches” and look at the images. This helps me really see the color of the foundations. *NEVER trust the color it looks to be in the bottle – it’s always wrong. If you find yourself between two shades, always go with the lighter shade. Trust me on this one.
And don’t forget: a lot of drugstores accept open makeup as a return. If you bring home the wrong shade, instead of torturing yourself by wearing it to get your money out of it, bring it back and see if you can get in store credit or exchange it for a better shade.
There you have it folks! Happy foundation shopping!
up in this (with Tinashe) – blackbear Too Long – DJ Willi, Bow Wow Mine – Brazzi Hello There – Dillon Francis, Yung Pinch Gucci – Azide, J Swey, Sushii Boiis Hit My Line (ft Joey Bandz) – Clinton Sparks Here Right Now (ft zyyn) […]